Saturday, November 24, 2007

I'm Baaack!

What can I say? I guess the reason I don't post more often is that I always want the posts to be perfect, and I never think they're actually ready. So I look at the blog and I have all these posts started but not perfected, then it seems to be so out of date that it doesn't seem timely . . .

But I've just decided to bite the bullet and post anyway.

We spent our time at Manzano, attended the Balloon Fiesta, spent some more time in Albuquerque with friends, then went back to Manzano for a few and are now at the Birdwatchers RV Park, just outside of Bosque del Apache, which is an amazing place.

I have a ton of photos, some of which I'll be posting in no particular order, but for right now, here's just a few.

This is the view out our back window at Birdwatchers RV Park


Bosque del Apache
is this amazing preserve where sandhill cranes, snow geese and LOTS of other birds choose to hang out this time of year. I have to admit that visiting here has given me SERIOUS camera envy. The truth is that I just don't have the type of camera to get the pictures of these incredible birds that I would like.

That said, I'm OK with some of my wide shots. While they're not as sharp as I would like they do give an idea of how wonderful nature can be.

Remember that you can always click on a picture for a larger version.

This shot shows a field covered with snow geese



And here they are taking off . . .




This shot was taken as the sun was setting. If you look really close you can see some cranes in the sky, but they're REALLY small.



And finally, here's a shot of the Very Large Array. Hopefully I'll get it together to post a few more photos in the next couple of days.



As always, our life is really good (and that's quite possibly why I don't post as often as I should, we're having a wonderful time)

No comments: