Saturday, March 28, 2009

Spring Cleaning Part 2

I woke up this morning to this . . .

Realizing that I had another day of reorganizing the rig, this brightened my spirits considerably.

I busied myself, moving everything around, deciding that there was quite a bit that we could certainly do without. It's an interesting project, scrutinizing things that at some point seemed important. I know the difference between what is really important and the things we choose to surround ourselves with, but this is always a good reminder.

So things are moving along well when the drawer under the refrigerator decided that it wouldn't close. Here we are, trying to work, when right in the middle of the traffic pattern, a projectile is sticking out a good eight inches at shin level, do you get the picture?

Several hours later (much of it spent on the floor, scrutinizing the undersides of our fridge) we can now say the we intimately understand the inner workings of the drawers in our Lazy Daze!

But the end is in sight, we figure to finish up the loose ends tomorrow, then we'll do a thorough surface clean, and voila! we're good to go for a nice long time.

And just to show that I can multitask, l wanted to share this picture of the bread I made today.

I think I've finally mastered bread in the solar oven.

As long as the sun holds out, I can't imagine using the gas oven again!


6 comments:

photowannabe said...

Hey, I have some closets that need some work. Are you free?

Judy said...

And Kate, since you are nearly finished with your big cleaning project.........how about updating your website. So many of us have been waiting (the last update being a year ago) to see what you mean about "updates coming soon"............like that neat grated shelf with the bread resting on it. Where is it and what is it? Curious minds need to know!!!!

Kate said...

Judy

I probably won't be updating the website. Working with the html is so much more trouble than doing the blog. Pretty much what you see is what you get, sorry.

Kate
cholulared.blogspot.com

M said...

I am keeping up with your spring cleaning...only my house does not move :) The bread looks great! I need to look into a solar oven :)

Joe said...

Kate,

Wow, what a great photo of the sunrise over the lake! Makes me homesick for Elephant Butte. I really enjoyed getting to know you and Terry and hope our paths cross again. I'm in Sedona now visiting some friends. On to California in a few days.

- Joe

Suzanne LD Wannabe said...

Kate, That loaf of bread is absolutely mouth-watering!! I think it's time to haul out the old bread machine, as my manual breadmaking skills are sorely lacking.

Suzanne