Tuesday, March 17, 2009

ABC Wednesday I

OK, time for another ABC Wednesday cheat . . .

I searched all week and just couldn't come up with a suitable I, so I'm calling this one

I Took These Pictures

This will be a short travelogue of some of the places we've visited in the last couple of years.

Remember to click on any image for a larger, clearer version

I took this on an early morning walk
up in Sugarite State Park.

It was one of my favorite mornings,
the air was sweet
and this little bug seemed to be posing.

This was taken at Hyde Memorial State Park,
just a few miles outside of Santa Fe, New Mexico.
It was the first time I had seen this type of pine cone.


Storrie Lake lies about four miles
outside of Las Vegas, New Mexico.

The water is quite shallow
and you can often see right down to the bottom.


I liked the shadow . . .

Storrie Lake at sundown

A night shot that I haven't been able to replicate

I'll end where I started,
on that morning walk at Sugarite


I'm already looking for a J
and promise to try to stay on topic next week.



10 comments:

dianasfaria.com said...

I envy your travels, but feel grateful for your sharing them!
; )
very good way around the letter I too!

Rena said...

Very Interesting shots!

Sylvia K said...

What a terrific post! I think it's great for the "I" day! Your photos are breathtaking and I enjoyed them all! Thanks for sharing!

photowannabe said...

I like the originality for this post. That night shot is supurb.

Vicky said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tumblewords: said...

Lovely photos - your I worked for me!

Jan said...

You are truly talented Kate! Enjoyed all your "I" photos!

pictureeachday said...

I loved this 'I' post! I'm jealous of all your travels. These photos are beautiful.. now I have some new spots for my "to visit" list..

Karyn said...

Great "I" submission!

Beautiful photos! I liked all of them.

Anonymous said...

Very clever! LOL!

I love the one of Storrie Lake at sundown! Beautiful!