Friday, February 9, 2007

OK, I'm Going to Try This . . .

While I already have a webpage dedicated to our travels, I seem to be really bad at updating, so I'm going to try this in conjunction with the webpage to see if I can't stay a bit more current.

We are Kate and Terry, and we travel in a 2005 thirty foot twin bed model Lazy Daze.

We have spent a LOT of time in New Mexico. We find we love the geography, the people and the weather.




The picture above was taken at Oliver Lee State Park, outside of Alamogordo (click on the image for a larger version). It had snowed the night before and when I woke up, the sun was shining and the clouds were moving in over the mountains. It was so amazing, I jumped in my clothes and went outside to take pictures. And it's a good thing I did, because in about fifteen minutes the sun was gone!

Here's another one, taken later in the day right outside our window.



While I have always thought I hated snow (and the desert for that matter) I find that as I grow older, I am quite willing to re-examine old beliefs, thus opening whole new vistas.

Life is good.

Currently we are in Rockhound State Park, about 10 miles outside of Deming and about 30 miles north of the Mexican border. It's a lovely park, great view of from the camp and lovely weather, so we will probably stay a while. Here's a photo of our campsite.



As time goes on, I'll post more pictures.


No comments: