Tuesday, February 13, 2007

An Uneventful Day?

Not a lot happened today, but that's not to say it wasn't a lovely day.

I fear that if I continue writing like this, all I'll post is image after image of this glorious park (Rockhound State Park in New Mexico). But what can say? I'm smitten with this landscape.

Again, we had a bit of rain last night and I spent the entire morning looking at the changing sky. I feel hynotized, in the best possible way.

So if this becomes redundant, excuse me but this is truly what is going on with me right now. I mean, when I woke up and looked outside, this is what I saw . . .



Within ten minutes, it had changed to this . . .




and within another ten minutes, it had morphed to this (remember that you can click on any image to see a full size image).





I feel like every morning when I get up, I look outside and I'm under some kind of a wondrous spell.

After I enjoyed the morning show, we were treated to a visit from some new friends, Jocyelyne and Viateur from Quebec. We all had a great time playing with Google Earth on the computer. We were actually able to see the maze they had planted on their property some years ago, what fun! I love all the people we meet on the road, and now we have someone to visit in Canada!

After they left (they were leaving New Mexico today, heading into Arizona), we decided it was time to do the laundry.

I have to say that this is my most unpleasant task on the road. Finding a clean, available cheap laundromat is not always easy.

But really, if this is my biggest problem, why should I complain?

Especially when this is what I came home to.


1 comment:

photowannabe said...

Big oos and ahs,,,what a big beautiful sky. I don't blame you for being mezmerized by it.
Getting a moving van tomorrow to move as many tubs as fit in it to our storage unit in Roseville. The process has begun! Both bathrooms are finished being completely redone. They look very good. $$$$$