Boy, what a PITA!
I have been on live chat and the telephone forever with my web server, trying to work this out.
It turned out that in fact my site had been compromised.
The good news is I had complete back ups of everything and it is now once again up and running, clean.
I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused anyone. I had no idea there was even a problem till a reader (of CholulaRed.com, not this blog) alerted me to a problem with the site. Ever since I learned of this, I've been dealing with it and now it is fixed!
Thank you all for your patience.
And now back to our regularly scheduled programming.