Saturday, July 12, 2008

How to Peel an Egg . . .

Just a quick post here, but I HAD to share.

Peeling hard boiled eggs, what a gigantic hassle. Sometimes one method works, then the next time it doesn't work at all. So you try something else, and it works one time, but then the next, well, you get the idea.

The other day, I ran across a video on one of my daily blogs. I thought, oh another inefficient egg peeling technique. Well, what the hey, I've tried at least a hundred other losing techniques, so why not this one?

I watched the video and thought "Boy, this is a pile of hoohoo, this will NEVER work."

But you know what? It works like a charm! I am amazed.

The technique is this. When you boil your eggs, add a teaspoon of baking soda to the water. Apparently this raises the PH of the water and somehow affects the egg shell. After boiling, then cooling your eggs in cold water, you crack open both ends of the egg, making small holes, about the size of a nickel to a quarter, in both ends.

I think that the addition of the baking soda affects the shell, making it easier to peel any way, but on with this method.

After making the two holes, you pick up the egg and hold it tightly but loosely in your hand. Then bring it up to your mouth and blow it out the bottom hole.

And Voila!! The egg slips right out. This is way cool, I love it!

If you want to see the video, click here.

I am so easily amused . . .

Life is Good.

No comments: