Friday, May 21, 2010

Just Checking In

.
I spoke with a friend yesterday who asked what was going on, since I haven't posted in a while.

It seems when we get to a city, I never post as much, probably because I don't take as many pictures.

We're still here in Santa Fe, having a great time. The weather is sublime, we have a beautiful view, good friends, and while we are busy all the time, it just seems there isn't a whole lot to write about.

Well, there is one thing . . .

About six weeks ago we took a look at our lifestyle, which we love. The one thing that is lacking (and that isn't the right word, but so be it) is our weight and some of our medical numbers.

As everyone knows, I love to cook and keeping us on track food wise is a huge deal. About 15 years ago we had tremendous success eating low carb. Our cholesterol numbers returned to normal and we both lost some much needed weight.

But over the years, we have fallen off the wagon . . .

And now we're back on.

This has required me to examine our larder and take a look at some of the recipes I've been cooking. I'm happy to say that in the time we've been away from low carb, the recipes have truly blossomed and part of what I've been doing for the last couple of weeks is cooking.

For us, this way of eating is truly healthy, and while I know it isn't for everyone, we both respond to this regime in wonderful ways.

So, if anyone is interested, I may post a few of the recipes I've found. And if not, that's fine too (but the no flour/no sugar Blueberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake is to die for!)

We will be here a few more weeks, then who knows? But I will try to post on a more frequent basis.

We are both well and

No comments: