Tuesday, June 21, 2011

the Fibonacci Sequence

.
Today, we went to the farmer's market.

Between the flowers
and the produce,
it was a lovely day.


I took a few shots.


These make me feel
like spring
is finally happening,


even though today
is the summer solstice . . .


I'm not sure that flowers
know the time of year,


they just know it's time to bloom.


At the farmer's market,
we bought way too much fruit.
It was just so fragrant,
we couldn't resist.


As for the Fibonacci Sequence,
when I saw this romanesque,
that's the first thing that came to mind.
Also known as the Golden Mean
it's a pattern that natures repeats over and over.


Another example of the Golden Mean
can be seen in the nautilus shell.
Unfortunately there weren't any
nautilus shells
at the Farmer's Market,
so you'll just have to take my word for it.

That's it for today.

No comments: