Wednesday, June 22, 2011

A Word to the Wise

.

This picture has nothing to do with this post, I just liked it, so I thought I'd include it here.

So There!

I've always been pretty good about backing up my computers. That said, I now have many, many, many gigabytes of backed up data, a lot of it involving my old photos.

Lately I've been moving things around, trying for a newer back up strategy. In doing this, I had a few minutes today where I mistakenly believed that I had erased not one but two of my picture backups, leaving me with none at all! Fortunately I found that I had, in fact, backed up my old pictures not twice but three times. And am I ever glad I did.

So a word to the wise. Make sure you back up all that information on your computer. And if it's really important to you, back it up twice or maybe three times.

2 comments:

Sue Malone said...

My computer guy says if it isn't in three places it isn't backed up. I am slowly getting all my photos to the online SmugMug site, have a ton of them on Shutterfly and Picasa and have two external backups. Glad you didn't lose your photos, Kate!

Donna K said...

Good point Kate...and I liked the picture. Did you back it up LOL??

Has Harry arrived yet??