Friday, March 30, 2012

Roaring Camp-a Photo Blog

.
We've been walking in Henry Cowell State Park lately, but right behind Henry Cowell sits Roaring Camp Railroad.

Today, we walked over to the property. We didn't get to ride a train (bad timing) but we took a bunch of pictures.

Terry took this one using his iPhone and AutoStitch
(click to enlarge)


My shot,
with the camera right on the rails


Lots of old equipment.


I liked this leaf . . .


And this rusty boiler


There were roses


and Gold Miners


and kitties


It was a beautiful day


I'm always attracted to piles of rust


There's also a duck pond


with ducks!



I loved this guys feet


And this one's attitude


I like reflections in water too . . .


As we were leaving,
we spied these deer in the meadow
(click to enlarge)


That's it for today

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Your photos always make me Smile Out Loud Kate!

Thank You for that.

Sharon

Jerry and Suzy said...

What a fine day in the redwoods! Makes us want to get back on the road, which we will in a couple of weeks. Maybe we'll even post about it. Your pictures were superb. The old rusty iron always draws a camera for some reason. Thanks for sharing your day.

Gaelyn said...

This place has it all, wonderful rust, old stuff and nature.

Donna K said...

Great photos and I couldn't help noticing that very blue sky! What is that bird/duck with the strange feet? I see they erected a statue of Terry - that's good. I have an attraction for Russ too...oh you said RUST...same thing hahaa!!

Paula said...

What a wonderful day! Thank you for sharing it with us. Love your photos as always. You have such a fine eye.

Nancy said...

Like Donna, I'm curious about that duck with the strange feet. I saw these birds when I was in AZ and asked some people what they were while I was out walking, but no one I asked knew. Anyone here know?

edlfrey said...

I'm not much of a birder but I'm pretty sure that is an American Coot also known more commonly as a Mudhen.