Saturday, May 31, 2008

More Pictures

While there's not a lot to write about today, I do have some pictures I wanted to post.

I got up early this morning and took this just as the sun was coming up over the lake.


Then it seems like I didn't do much the rest of the day, just visited with a lot of folks, which I do enjoy. It was really hot today, around 100 degrees, so we were both quite lazy. Fortunately there is usually some sort of breeze which makes it seem not so warm, but still we stayed inside for the hottest part of the day.

When it started to cool off, we moved outside and it was just beautiful. We've set up bird feeders and slowly but surely they are beginning to come. It seems like some places they find the feeders immediately, but at others, it takes them a week or so to find the food.

As the sun sank lower in the sky, it became more and more colorful.

Have I mentioned how much I love the open skies of New Mexico?


In just a matter of moments, the entire sky behind the rig filled with the most wondrous color. . .

Which quickly transformed itself into this.


Just a few moments later, we started walking the loop, and I noticed a view that I've missed up until now. This is taken looking through some bushes, across the lake to this mesa off in the distance.. You can just see a bit of the lake in this photo, but I loved the look of this photo. It kind of reminds me of an old Kodachrome postcard.


And just so you know, I haven't neglected the hummingbirds this summer. So far we have two feeders and two birds, but no pictures of them yet.

Life is Good.

No comments: