Sunday, December 14, 2008

My New Camera Part 2

I've been shooting like a crazy woman, and so far, I continue to be pretty impressed with my new Panasonic Lumix FZ28.

I'm really pleased with the deep blacks
and lack of noise in photos such as this.
Other than resizing,
this is SOOC (straight out of the camera).
As always, remember to click for a larger image.

I really liked the way the camera
highlighted the peeling bark on this tree

I thought the reflection of the trees
against this artwork
made a wonderful image


Taken about 5:30am after a night of snow


This was taken just a few minutes later

The snow makes such beautiful patterns
out of everyday items

I'm trying some black and white shooting
with the new camera.
One thing I love about digital photography
is the ability to actually see a shot
in black and white before I take the picture.

I really think the new camera
captures detail beautifully.
I'm impressed with the detail in this clump of snow . . .

I just liked the way this photo turned out


The 18xzoom is pretty impressive.
This bird was about 20 feet away, up in a tree.

I couldn't believe how many birds come out in the snow.
I thought they had all gone south this time of year!

A few nights ago,
we went down to the Plaza for dinner.
Everything was all lit up for Christmas,
so I thought I'd try a few hand held shots.
This is another SOOC shot,
much steadier, sharper and less noisy
than I've ever gotten
with any other camera I've ever used.

Another night shot of the Plaza

One more dark shot, again, hand held and SOOC

And I had to include a shot of a Christmas tree

This is the final shot for today.
This was taken after a night of snow
when the sun came out
and the ice crystals just began to melt.
While it's pretty heavily Photoshopped,
the "bubbles" to the left
and the bright reflection in the bottom
were there from the start.
If I sent out Christmas cards,
I would use this photo.

As you can tell, I'm having a wonderful time with the new camera. While I'm not crazy about the snow, I have to admit it makes for some interesting photo opportunities.

I hope all of you are having as good a Holiday Season as we are!

No comments: