Sunday, November 8, 2009

Can You See It?

.
MORE pictures . . .

I never seem to tire of this landscape. The light changes by the minute and every day I discover something that has totally escaped my notice.

Take Gerald's tree for instance. I pass it every time I drive for the Georgia O'Keeffe Landscape Tour, but it seems different to me every time.

You can shoot it
in black and white

Or
you can catch
just the upper limbs,
with the red rocks
in the background.

Or
you can take it
from another direction entirely,
showing
the painted desert of Ghost Ranch
in the background.


Also, there are the cliffs.
No matter where you stand,
you get a fabulous view.


Then there are those surprises . . .
Can you see it?


Perhaps it's the time change,
but as I was driving
towards the turn around
of the tour,
this just jumped out at me!

Can you see it?

Let me know what you think it is!
I had a definite AHA! moment,
and am just curious
if anyone else sees what I do.

Or maybe
I'm just spending
too much time in the high desert!

1 comment:

Suzanne LD Wannabe said...

I think I can.....looks like an Indian warrior's face in profile. Pretty neat.