Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The Holidays

.
I've been sitting here this afternoon playing with my Christmas music, getting ready for the one time of year I can play it with abandon.

And looking out
at the incredible
silhouette of Pedernal.

So clean and pure,
her sharp lines
against the clear
New Mexico skies.
She always inspires.


I'm thinking how very lucky we are, and how thankful I am for my life.

Some people write and say how I am always so upbeat, and I guess it appears that way. While my life is not ALL roses and lollipops, I prefer to look on the bright side.

I really do believe that attitude is everything.

So on this Thanksgiving Eve, I want to express my immense gratitude for everything this life has offered me. I have my health, I have a wonderful man who loves me and I have good friends.

And really, what else is there?

Well, world peace would be nice, but in my optimism, I try to be a wee bit realistic.

So tomorrow, as I sit around a table of good friends, I will reflect on my good fortune.

And I hope your day is peaceful and happy.

1 comment:

photowannabe said...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Kate and Terry.
There is so much to be thankful for. I'm greatful for our friendship.
Suzy