Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Back from Santa Fe

.
For starters, I wanted to include this picture of a ristra we saw in Santa Fe. I'm used to seeing red ones, but the rich colors of this one just filled my heart.


Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming . . .

I've been back at the Ranch for a couple of days, thinking I should update the blog, but really, what to write?

We had a fine (albeit expensive) few days in Santa Fe. We got to see friends, which was really wonderful, we ate out (a LOT), we went to the movies (the Men Who Stare at Goats, I wouldn't bother) and we did some shopping, which was long overdue.

We outfitted my Hunny Bunny, who rarely shops for himself, but it was way overdue. Now he has spanking new Levis, a beautiful new pair of buttery brown cowboy boots and a spiffy black cowboy hat. He looks wonderful!

Finally, on our way out of town we made one last stop to visit other friends who happen to pastor a small church. They had just installed a new dome on the church and we wanted to get a few shots of the addition.


It was our good fortune that on this day, the famed Kursk-Root icon was visiting the church.

This is an especially holy relic for those of the Russian Orthodox faith and a beautiful thing indeed. We felt privileged to be able to view it.

Since this was a special event, there was a large crowd and I was taken with this shot of these beautiful children.

Once again, we were lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time!

I'll close
with one more shot
of the cross
which sits on top of the new dome.


And that's it for today.

No comments: