Wednesday, March 17, 2010

the Egret

.
This egret seems to have just shown up in the last week or so. I've been trying to get a good shot of him, but he's so darned white, my pictures of him are almost completely blown out.

These shots are much less than perfect,
but at least I seem to be
on the right road.


I'm also having a time getting him
as sharp as I'd like.
He's just so gorgeous,
I'll keep trying.


This is a wide of the previous shot.
The color of the water
is pretty spectacular.
It seems to change by the minute.
In this shot,
I bumped up the saturation just a bit
and look what happened!


One more shot of him flying.
Since I wasn't able to get near enough
for a close up, I decided to settle for these.
I love how white he is against the brush.


Finally, he settled down
and I got a bit nearer,
but that elusive close up
is still somewhere in the future.


Hopefully, he'll stay around for a while
and let me get the shot.

No comments: