Sunday, January 23, 2011

Broadway

.
I know that not many of you are interested in musical theater, but it's (obviously) a passion of mine. I seem to go through stages, and right now, I'm right in the middle of Broadway-Land.

I love it here among the musicals (if I can't be in New Mexico, I guess I'll settle for this), so I'll probably be posting more about my favorites. Sorry for those of you who are expecting RV info, but Broadway and musicals is what I've got right now. Maybe when we get back on the road that will change, but right now, I've got to take what comes.

So, for those of you who are still reading, have you ever seen Broadway's Lost Treasures? Wow, what a find this is! It's a series that was on PBS and it's completely made up of performances from annual Tony Award shows of years past. Apparently whoever runs the Tony's has had the foresight to keep all these tapes. If you love musical theater, here's your chance to see live performances, almost like being in the theater. All singing and dancing, it's a treasure.

We found this three session set at the library, and I think I'll have to add this one to my permanent collection.

On another note, tomorrow, I go for the measurement/fitting for the replacement lenses they'll be using when I get my cataract surgery.

Wow, will I be able to see better? I sure hope so.

2 comments:

Angie Miller said...

I love Broadway so post away knowing that you have at least one interested reader. Glad to hear that you are making your way through your vast collection & that the first auction was a success. I'm also impressed that you made it through the entire auction without buying anything. Will be praying that your surgery is successful.

photowannabe said...

Love Broadway!!
So glad you are having the surgery done. Nice to get a new set of "eyes". Thinking of you.
Let us know what your schedule is like so we can bring down your tubs of stuff.