Sunday, August 24, 2008

Santa Fe Indian Market Part 2

This first set features the Mayan dancers. This was a troupe of three dancers, one man and two women. It was only after I got home and looked at the shots that I realized I had failed to photograph one of the dancers!

As always, remember to click on any image for a larger version.

I admit, I was fascinated by this costume. The intricacy was so beautiful in the sunlight.

This shot shows the lady dancers head dress from the back.


I've included this shot so you can get some idea of the movement.

Another shot of the head dresses. These dances took place in front of a cathedral in the heart of Santa Fe. A beautiful sculpture garden surrounds the church. We hope to go back later and take some more shots of the statuary.

I liked the juxtaposition of the waving head dress and the stoic statue.

One more shot of the back of these intricate head dresses.

It was interesting to see these dancers as opposed to the Native American dancers. Similar yet completely unique, it was quite stirring.

I LOVE the Indian Market.

More to follow . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kate,

Thka you for your very sweet comment post to my blog! I am touched!

LOVE the detail of these dancer costumes! I will visit again.