Wednesday, July 15, 2009

the Madonna and More

.
A wonderful day here at Ghost Ranch.

We took a short drive into Abiquiu for a visit to Bode's because I bought a great hat there last month and decided I need another one in a different color. The first is a dark salmon/red and I want a turquoise one also. Good hats are hard to find and this one fits me head perfectly (marvel of marvels). Besides that, it's soft cotton and folds flat as a pancake.

On the way there, I asked Terry to pull over because I thought I saw something out of the corner of my eye.

I got out of the car,
took a short hike down the road
and saw this.

I zoomed in a bit and thought,
"Am I seeing what I think I'm seeing?"

And there she was

A serene Madonna
looking out over the red rocks.

Can you see her?
I've asked several people,
some see her,
some don't . . .
I think she's beautiful.

The wonders of Ghost Ranch never cease to amaze me. There are hidden gems like this all over the ranch, it's like a constant scavenger hunt to find what around the next corner.

As a matter of fact,
this is what was around
the next corner

Then there's
the ever changing clouds
that paint the landscape

And I thought I'd include
one shot
that shows some of the different
geological layers
that make up the ranch.

Is this
one of the most
gorgeous places on earth
or what?

5 comments:

Jonna said...

I see the Madonna, as a matter of fact the column next to her looks rather like whoever it was carrying the limp body of Christ. Look out! Light candles and the world will come on their knees.

Yes, it is a beautiful place.

photowannabe said...

Amazing finds Kate. There is so much beauty at every turn. Love the Madonna and the black and whites. Stunning.

Melinda said...

I love it! I see her. What beautiful shots you got that day. I love the color contrast so much with the red/brown hills and the puffy clouds in the blue sky. And then I love the B&W shots too. Lovely!

Kevin Kidney said...

I can see her too! How beautiful!

John and Linda Leach said...

Wow, that is gorgeous landscape. Having never been in the area it is amazing what you are seeing daily.