Friday, December 12, 2008

A new Camera

As regular readers know, I love to take pictures.

For the last several years, I've been shooting with a Panasonic Lumix FZ30, a truly fine camera, In fact many photo folks say it's as close to a DSLR as you can get. I really do love the FZ30.

But . . .

Now Panasonic has come out with a different model. While not as complex as the FZ30, the Lumix FZ28 has gotten rave reviews. For starters, it has an excellent Leica lens (like the FZ30), but it has a few bells and whistles that the FZ30 lacks.

For one thing, it has a whopping 18 times optical zoom, WOW! It also possesses a wide angle lens as well as an HD movie mode. Also it has updated image stabilization software and is quite a bit smaller than the FZ30.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not giving up my FZ30, but I think I'll try carrying the FZ28 in my bag instead of the FZ30 for a while and see what kind of results I can get.

Did I mention that the FZ28 has an impressive burst mode, allowing something close to 8 frames per second? I can hardly wait to use this camera at Bosque del Apache!

I'll close with one of my first shots. Wasn't it lucky that there was an almost full moon the day my camera arrived? (Please remember to click on this one for a larger image).


Life is Good

1 comment:

photowannabe said...

Wow, Kate that's one awesome picture. I feel like I could just reach out and touch the moon.
Great new camera. I got a new one too and am still learning to use it. The old brain has such a hard time remembering all the terms etc. Its a Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3. It doesn't fit in my purse quite as nicely as the cybershot and is heavier but I think I will like it when I get use to it.
The lens on my other camera had developed so many spots which we couldn't clean. Steve thought this one would work for me.
Take care and will email after the kids return home to Oregon.