Thursday, March 31, 2011

the Paddling Surfer

.
I'm so used to seeing people out in the ocean, lying down on their surfboards, either paddling out to catch a wave, or trying to stand up on their way in towards the beach.

But the other day,
we saw a gent using a new approach.


Like always,
I took way too many pictures.


He started way far out.
But I have to tell you
this guy just kept paddling.


These were taken
over the period
of at least sixty minutes,
if not longer.


I think this is his familiar,
keeping watch
(see the paddler in the background).


He never wavered,
he never rested,
he just kept going.


Somehow,
I missed a shot of him actually
landing on the beach!
We should try to take a clue from him.

Today, we started back at the auction, taking a load in. Then, we looked at all the artwork and decided it was time to load it in the car. Geez, I bet there are sixty pieces, at least. And this isn't any of the Disney, just other pieces we've collected over the years. That will be tomorrows run.

And now,
there's a small hole
in the gigantic mess
that we call "the house".

Hopefully this will inspire us to keep going.


2 comments:

Russ Krecklow said...

Paddle surfing! That is something that you don't often see here. It's a physical challenge and really takes good upper body strength.

One of the best big wave surfers in the world likes to paddle surf to keep himself in shape.

I just read a book that included quite a bit of information about him and others. Very interesting.

By the way, Kate, I just finished "The Hunger Games" #1. Interesting, the concept, the writing, the characters, everything. Loved it. Gotta read more!

And, yes, Donna did make me do the hard work, as you suggested. Now I know, you love her best!

Donna K said...

Well that's something you don't see everyday! Don't think I'll be trying that anytime soon.

Glad to hear you're back in auction mode. I know how badly you and Terry want to get out of there so hope everything moves along for you. Maybe we can see you in NM someday!

Don't believe everything you read in your comments. You must be warned: some folks are less than forthcoming in their assesment of workloads! (hahahaha)