Saturday, March 5, 2011

the Unsinkable Molly Brown

.
I know I write about movies a lot, but hey, I love them. Now lately, we haven't found a lot of new movies to love, but we sure enjoy the oldies.

Tonight, we watched the Unsinkable Molly Brown, and I must say, what a delight. The first time I ever heard Harve Presnell, I was in awe, what a fine voice. And Debbie Reynolds has never been better. Plus, you have Ed Begley, Hermoine Baddeley and the fine wonderful of Meredith Wilson.

I think the reason I love these musicals so much is that I find myself smiling while I'm watching them. And not just smiling, but grinning, from ear to ear.

Can you say that about many movies made today?

I wish more movies made me smile like that . . .


3 comments:

photowannabe said...

Me too. I guess that's why we don't go to the movies often.
Its been a very long time since I watched that movie. I guess its time to do it again.
Hmmm.... my comment moderation word is "resings"
perfect for watching an old musical.

Jerry and Suzy said...

We certainly agree! And yes, Harve Presnell had a impressive voice. Another movie with Presnell that we love is Paint Your Wagon. Lee Marvin shows off his tremendous comic side in that one. And Clint Eastwood singing? You never heard that before or since, I'll bet!

Donna K said...

Amen to that! Enough already with all the sex, violence, and hidden political messages.