Saturday, March 24, 2012

Painting on the iPad

.
I've always wanted to paint. Unfortunately, I seem to be missing the 'artistic" gene. At one point, I invested a considerable amount of dollars in water color supplies, only to discover I just didn't have what it took. My loss, the thrift stores gain.

I've also tried painting on my Mac, but couldn't seem to master what it took.

Next, I tried various painting apps on my iPad, using my photographs as a basis for the painting. Again, I just couldn't seem to get it.

Then today, I found an app called PhotoViva, and Wowee Zowee!

While it's not real painting, it comes darn close. And since I'm starting with my own pictures, I'm taking credit for them, maybe not as paintings but as some form of digital art.

I may even print some of them on different kinds of photo paper and see what results I can get.

All of these should be enlarged (by clicking) so you can see the details.

Here's the original photograph


My first attempt


Try Number 2


Moving Towards Watercolor


Watercolor


Wet Watercolor


Expect to see more of this in the future
because I love this app!

Best $2 I've ever spent.

3 comments:

Carol K said...

Beautiful! :)

Erin said...

I played with a similar application on my old Dell ... created art from some of my photos for my sister and my mother. They turned out exceptionally well.

Gaelyn said...

I like the fun affects. Used to play with my photos like that to make personalized greeting cards.