Sunday, September 30, 2012

Dinner

I've had several emails asking what we're up to . . .

Not a lot, but we are getting healthy, eating lots of veggies and fruit and other yummies.  We're particularly enjoying the Vitamix, making lots of smoothies.

We're also reaping the benefits of a friends humungous garden, lots of incredibly sweet vine ripened tomatoes and squash.

Here's what we eat at least twice a week.


I saute some onion and garlic in a hot pan, then add a good amount of sliced peppers (I used both red and yellow in this one).  Then, slice as much zuccini (squash) as you like.  When the squash is almost cooked through, add two or three large fresh tomatoes.  If you have some fresh basil, a good hit is also added.  Allow it to warm through till the tomatoes are warm but not mushy, and serve.

We like this with fish or chicken.  You can eat as much as you want, and the flavor is so bright and fresh, you'll want to eat a lot!

Oh, and yes, we're still working on the house.

5 comments:

Merikay said...

I've been making something very much like that only I cook it on the grill in my veggie grill pan. The veggies get a little carmelized and are so good! I usually peel a whole head of garlic and toss in the cloves whole. They are sweet. I find one Trader Joe's sausageless sausage is enough on the side.

We are so lucky to have such wonderful veggies available.

Gaelyn said...

Looking good. Wish I had some fresh vegies.

Jim and Sandie said...

Okay, you just solved how I was going to fix our squash for dinner tonight. Thanks. Need to run to the Ranch Market today. Yummy.

Jerry and Suzy said...

You guys and Merikay are indeed fortunate to have a good supply of garden fresh vegetables! Here in the Arizona desert they aren't quite as abundant. I wonder why?

But we use a bunch of zucchini, yellow summer squash, carrots, spinach, etc., in Suzy's daily smoothie, usually for breakfast. I even get one of them once in a while.

Joe and Nancy Conrad said...

Looks good to me. We also like to put the veggies on the BBQ.