Saturday, March 22, 2008

More Bread and More Lazy Daze

It seems like we're having a mini convention here at Rockhound, we're now up to five Lazy Daze! We we're joined yesterday by Dave and Nola in yet another mid bath! What a great time we're having.

It has become my habit to make a batch of bread around 3:00 in the afternoon, then set it by the kitchen window to rise for the next mornings baking. I LOVE getting up early in the in the morning and watching the sun rise over the valley. This morning I looked out the window and saw this.


I quickly threw on my clothes and got the camera and went outside. The air was crisp and clean and the birds were just beginning to stir, it was magic. I took one more shot and caught this tiny bird sitting in the ocotillo in our campsite.

You might want to click it to enlarge, the bird is pretty small.


After the sun rose, I came back inside and baked today's loaf, which came out beautifully.

Every day it seems like I'm learning more about baking bread, especially how to do it in the motorhome oven. This whole bread thing is certainly an adventure I'm enjoying.

And I just have to mention this. You all know hat I love silly toys, as does my friend Andy. Yesterday in town I found a set of play gold teeth and knew that they would be perfect for him. He was a good enough sport to let me take this picture.


We are silly, but we do have a good time.

And I can't close this post without wishing our friend Norm a Happy Birthday. I'm SO sorry we can't come to the party, but know that we are with you in spirit.

Life is good.

1 comment:

Jonna said...

Love the Bling!!