Sunday, March 16, 2008

Wind and Dust !!!!

WOW, is it ever windy and dusty today!

The roads are closed and they say the visibility is near zero. I've taken several pictures from the same vantage point so you can see what I'm talking about.

This was around 9:00AM

Around noon, it hadn't improved one tiny bit. The rig was rockin and rollin and dust seemed to be everywhere. When we walked across the linoleum the grit was palpable, and every surface seemed to have a fine layer of dust.

Finally, around 6;00 it finally started to subside. It was still quite windy, but at least the dust had died down a bit.

When I walked into the bedroom, I took a look at one of our window sills and was surprised to find this!

Motorhome windows have weep holes to allow condensation to escape, but apparently they can also allow this incredibly fine grit into the rig!

Here's a photo of a somewhat clean sill so you can compare.

And finally, here's a photo of the mesh boot we put over our windshield. Like everything else, this was just serving as a trap for the dust. Usually we can see right through it, but not today!

Pretty awesome, huh?

So what did I do to pass the time today while we were inside during this storm?

Well, of course, I cooked!

I'm still on the homemade bread kick, we may never buy store made bread again, this is so easy. I've been playing with different ingredients, adding steel cut oats to one recipe and flax seed to another. I've also got one recipe that needs to be baked the day you make it and another that lasts up to two weeks in the fridge.

All are a bit different, but they're all super easy and extra yummy.

I also made a batch of Chicken Picata, YUM!

So even with the terrible dust storms, we had a great day, and we continue to be thankful that Life is Good.

No comments: