Thursday, February 12, 2009

By the Dawn's Early Light

This is one of those posts that's really just for me.

I had a magical morning this AM, one I want to remember.

I usually get up before Terry and open up the rig, because I love the dawn.

The spot we're staying in is so perfect. I can see the sunrise every morning out of one side and the sunset every night out the other side, Could it be any better?

As amazing as it is most every day, this morning just knocked my socks off.

The following pictures were all taken within an approximate fifteen minute time span. While they may look almost identical, each was a progression that opened up my soul.

I'm not even going to try to put words to most of these, I"ll just let most of them speak for themselves. Please do click on each one to see a larger image.

While I said no captions,
I just want to add that the moon
was in the opposite side of the sky
from the dawn.

A bit foggy,
but bright and beautiful just the same



It begins to lighten





Finally, the Lake begins to really shine



In the opposite sky, the moon still hangs
but now is blue



Finally the sun really breaks through

Ain't Life Grand?
and
Good

7 comments:

Chris & Frank said...

Oooooh -- thanks Kate!!!!
Chris

Mimi said...

WOW Kate, thanks so much for sharing! Just incredible!

Suzanne LD Wannabe said...

Wow, that takes my breath away!
Suzanne

photowannabe said...

Stunning sunrise. That moon isn't half bad either... These are absolute prize winners Kate.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! Those are stunning!

Nancy G said...

wow...that is gorgeous!

Nancy
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ncyg46/

Anonymous said...

This is the stuff that dreams are made of. Thanks for sharing your words as well as your photos. Someday (maybe soon) I'll be out there too.