Saturday, December 17, 2011

Santa in His Sleigh

.
I really do enjoy going out
and looking at Christmas lights.

Tonight we went out,
just winging it,
not really knowing which neighborhoods
had dolled themselves up for the season.

We saw some nice displays,
but out of all of them,
this one was my favorite.


Here's a closeup.


We used to do it up, back in the day, but somehow, we've lost the energy to decorate like this. Still, I'd like any and all of you who take the time to make the season more festive, to know that all your efforts are appreciated.


7 comments:

Unknown said...

Great post as usual Kate. However, whenever I start reading your blog I tend to get sidetracked by clicking on your other links and get caught up in your wonderful past posts, then your referrals to products, then some photography and on and on . . .

Sharon

Donna K said...

That's a great display. We always enjoy looking at the lights others have put up but I have never been able to get Russ interested in doing much outside here. Too cold, he says lol! We will be doing some touring later on this week.

Jerry and Suzy said...

Thanks, Kate! This was a neat display. You're helping to get my Christmas blog juices flowing, so just maybe I'll crank something out today or tomorrow!

Russ Krecklow said...

Hey, Kate, you're getting the light shots down pretty darn good, now! Come up and visit us and show me how to do that, would you, please?!?!

Jim and Sandie said...

We used to decorate in overload mode when we had the stix and bricks. But since we don't have room in the RV for Christmas decorations, we just put up a small tree and stockings. I find that works just fine for me now. But like you, I love going out and looking at the lights.

Sue Malone said...

what wonderful photos of the lights, Kate. Wow. I want to learn how to do that as well! Between you and Erin I have a lot to live up to!

Chuck and Anneke's RV travels said...

I sure enjoy looking at decorations more than putting them up;)