Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Finally, the Last Lights

.
Many of these are nearly the same as I posted on the Flickr site, but I wanted to include some of them here. While the subject matter is the same, these shots were taken on my second visit to the Global Winter Wonderland, so, for my money, they're a bit better than those of my first visit.

This was one of my favorite parts of the venue.


I'm particularly fond of sun and moon images


These were so bright and carefree.


Definitely a family event,
it was really something
to see the faces of the children.


Imagine all this light and color,


then add in Christmas music!


While we don't do a lot of Christmas any more,
I love this kind of thing.


I especially liked this star.


And this snowman.


I liked how they portrayed
the landmarks from Different countries.


I tried to get the moon in this shot,
but it was too far away
to show up like I wanted.


A little better here.


A holiday shot.


Here's a close up of one of the displays.
The bottles have colored liquid,
then the light shines through.
At least that's how I think it works.

Pretty clever.


And finally, here's my first attempt
at posting a video.
They were selling these drinks,
I thought they were way cool!
I didn't have one,
but I did take this short video
with my iPhone.



And with this post,
I promise no more Christmas pictures.

I got an email the other day from a friend. He was asking what our plans were, saying we never mentioned much on the blog, mainly just posted our pictures. The inference was that this was turning into a photography blog!

And lately, I guess it is, so I figured a quick update might be in order.

We're still working on the house. It's a long process, but one only we understand, so please don't offer recommendations that we should bring someone else in, or just leave and sell it as is. I know those of you who write with these recommendations mean well, but trust me, I haven't put the whole story here. We are making progress, and have a handle on the whole thing.

I just figure continually posting "we're still working on the house" would get kind of boring, so that's why I don't mention it too much.

Maybe this is turning into a photo blog?

Time will tell.

6 comments:

photowannabe said...

We're wishing you and Terry a very Happy New Year.
You're doing great on the home front and I certainly don't mind this turning into a photoblog.
Your work deserves it.
Hope this next year brings you much happiness.
Sue

Russ Krecklow said...

I love, love, love these photos, Kate! They are all just so wonderful, and colorful!! Thanks again for sharing. Keep working on the house, and then come up and see us. Or, come up and see us, and go back and work on the house some more. Miss you guys! Have a Happy New Year!

Unknown said...

You say Photo Blog like its a bad thing? Not with your photos. Awesome! As Usual.

Sharon

Chuck and Anneke's RV travels said...

Nice! Happy New Year!

momi yaya said...

Absolutely beautiful photos. Happy New Year Kate.

lisa said...

menizinHappy New Year Kate and Terry!! We love your photos. You are doing an awesome job. Hope to see you soon.
Jake and lisa