Saturday, June 7, 2008

Birds of Santa Rosa

I thought I'd post a few pictures of some of our birds. These aren't my best pictures, but it will at least give you an idea of some of the varieties we have here in Santa Rosa.

This is just a little brown bird, but I liked the pose.


These are red winged blackbirds and they're everywhere here. I'll try to get better shots later on. These are pretty interesting birds, with a NOISY call. Bird books say it is similar to a kazoo, but I like kazoos a bit better . . .

These guys are pretty territorial and have the ability to hide their color when they enter a new territory, till they feel safe. They're quite large and I particularly like seeing the flashes of bright red and yellow.


A dove, a pigeon? He just sat there for the longest time, begging me to take his picture.


The previous camp host built these bird feeders and it sure seems like the birds expect them to be filled!


And here's a final shot of one of our finches. I just liked this photo.


Hopefully I'll have some hummingbird pictures to post sometime soon. I seem to have forgotten how to take their pictures, these little buggers are fast!

Life is Good.

No comments: