Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Taking More Photos

.
It's been a while since I've been shooting pictures, but today, it was just like old times and there I was, shooting everything in sight.

Oddly enough, it started when we were looking for mud boots at Lowe's. We figured (incorrectly it turned out) that a garden department was a good place to start. While we didn't find any mud boots, I was just amazed to see the beautiful fall colors on all the flowers. I love the colors of northern New Mexico, but these colors, which I haven't noticed for some time now, were so intense, I just had to pull out my camera.

You might want to click
any of these images
for a larger, clearer view.

I never noticed
the fly on these flowers
till I looked at this photo
on the computer.

I don't believe
I've ever seen this shade of red
on a lily before.


Since my camera seemed
to once again be attached to my hand,
I shot pictures all the way home.

I don't know what about this picture
appeals to me so much,
but I really like it.


The entrance to Ghost Ranch.


A few hundred feet up the road,
looking back toward
Abiquiu Dam and Pedernal.

In my last blog,
I talked about the films
that have been shot at Ghost Ranch,
(including City Slickers).
This is City Slicker cabin,
which was used in the movie.

We see these cliffs every day.
Are we lucky or what?

I actually took this shot
a couple of days ago,
but wanted to include it here.
I enjoy taking these kind of shots,
which are so filled with color,
then desaturating them a bit
and playing with the color.
I hope you enjoy it too!

And now I have some news to share.

I'm not sure if I've mentioned it before, but the folks here at Ghost Ranch have agreed to take some of my pictures for possible sale in the gift shop. I've been waffling over the issues of printing, pricing and just being a bit nervous about trying to sell my photos. But tonight I was fortunate enough to talk with a fellow who sells in quite a few galleries in the area. He was nice enough to look at my pictures and on his advice, I've decided to go for it.

Wish me luck!

5 comments:

photowannabe said...

Fantastic news Kate. I hope you sell a bunch. What you show here on the blog are awesome. Keep it up.

Suzanne LD Wannabe said...

Kate, that's fabulous about selling your photos. I was just looking at a box of note cards my nephew had given to me that were made from photographs. I like them but I think your photos are much better. I think they will sell really well. Congratulations!!!

Anonymous said...

Kate, that's fantastic! I bet they sell so fast you wont be able to keep up with printing.
Hugs Mimi

marian said...

I've often thought you could sell your photos, especially in recent months. Until I got some new photos myself during our summer RV trip, I had been using some of yours as my Mac desktop.

I truly appreciate the Ghost Ranch photos now that we've been there ourselves (if only for half a day while we camped at Abiquiu Lake). What an amazing place! Thanks for blogging about it.

Melinda said...

Great news about your photos Kate! You could always outsource the printing to a company like Moo.com or even pictage or smug mug. That way you only have to do the photography (and editing) and don't have to mess with the printing yourself.