Monday, December 21, 2009

A Christmas Party

.
Our friend Kay had an open house tonight. It was the first time this year that I've been to a house that was fully decorated for the Holidays, so I wanted to share a bit of the cheer.

A perfect Christmas tree.


I don't know why
I like this picture,
but I do.
It makes me feel warm.


I'm trying to learn
to take pictures
with no flash,
so bear with me.

I like the softness of natural light.


A lovely red cardinal.


I wanted to snag
this chile ornament
and take it home with me.
But I didn't.


Christmas Portrait Number One.


Christmas Portrait Number Two.


Flowers of the season,
what luscious colors.


My attempt
at shooting a picture
while zooming
the lens.
I'll continue to practice
(I think I need it!)


A beautiful little creche.
Kay made this
while learning about
micaceous pottery.
It's actually a lantern,
but does double duty
for Christmas.


This gathering was a perfect time,
good food,
good friends.

Just what the holidays
are supposed to be.

1 comment:

photowannabe said...

Love your available light photos Kate. You captured the warmth of the season.
Suzy