Friday, December 31, 2010

Au Revoir 2010

.
Happy New Year!

Wow, a whole other year has passed and what changes we've seen.

Most of the year in New Mexico, a quick trip to the Grand Canyon, touring Utah (where we will definitely return, ditto New Mexico).

And now, here we are right where we started five years ago.

If this journey has taught us anything at all, it's that we are done with California. A nice place to visit, but we don't want to live here.

Our hearts are truly in the south west.
Wide open spaces,
red rocks,
puffy pillow clouds
and
turquoise skies.




We continue to make slow progress. We have found an auction house in the area, and when they reopen after the first of the year, we will be taking some of the nicer pieces to them. If we can just make a bit of room in the house, we can start to really get down to business.

I hate to say anything for fear of counting my chickens before they hatch, but we seem to have found someone who is seriously interested in buying the house. If this works out, there may be a real light at the end of the tunnel.

Keep your positive thoughts beaming towards us in the weeks ahead.

And finally, a sincere thank you to all of you who expressed concern for Terry's health. I'm happy to say that he is feeling much better.

And lets hope that in the year ahead, we get back on the road so I can start some serious photography and writing about some new adventures.

Again,
a Happy New Year to You All.




5 comments:

Sue Malone said...

Yes, Kate, I hear you about California. After my 4 year stint working in Sonora (NOT Sonoma) I was soooo ready to be home to Oregon. Wishing you success this year on returning to your loved red rock and blue sky Georgia O'Keefe country

Jonna said...

¡Bienvenidos a 2011! I hope it is a fabulous year for you both and that you get everything organized and gone and can return to the road you love.

Donna K said...

I can understand your desire to return to the Southwest. Although I have never been to New Mexico, it will be one of our first destinations. Starting to get really antsy waiting for the RV to be completed. Hope you are back on the road before too many weeks pass.

Donna K said...

Forgot to say I LOVED the photo of Gumby. Can't remember the name of the horse??? I can remember my niece being a big fan of Gumby. She is now 51 years old LOL!

Kate said...

Traveler,

Gumby's horse is named Pokey!