Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah . . .

.
Yes, we are alive and well. 

I'd like to thank all of you for your calls, emails and assorted inquiries. 

And yes, we are still (slowly) working on the house.

OK, consider yourself caught up . . .

I haven't been doing a lot of photography, and that's one of the main reasons I haven't been blogging.

Since we recently had friends visiting (see Donna and Russ's blog here), we actually got out a bit and spent a few days playing tourist and taking a few pictures.

We spent a whole afternoon at the Santa Cruz Arboretum, where we had heard that the hummingbirds were visiting.


Yes, I know this isn't a hummingbird, 
but he was so persistent,
I figured he deserved to have his picture included . . . 

Now, this is a hummingbird

 

And another 
(although he's a young one,
and pretty well camouflaged)


I would say something clever, 
 but, it yet another hummer 


Again


And one more 


And no, these aren't hummingbirds.
It's Russ and Terry. 
 I thought they were at least as handsome 
as any bird we saw that day.

 

And that's all I have to say on the matter.

Except that, as always

2 comments:

Donna K said...

Great pictures, few words...glad you got us all caught up!! Russ had fun too but I still haven't gotten a new blog done.

momi yaya said...

I wondered what happened to you two. Good to hear from you again.