Thursday, March 4, 2010

the Bossy Goose

.
We spent a bit of time in the Bosque today. There are ducks and geese all over the area, so I tend to kind of ignore them when it comes to taking pictures.

But today, we heard a tremendous racket and went to investigate.

This is what we found.


This guy was the all time bully goose,
screaming at ALL the other geese.


If you click to enlarge


You can see that
not only is he screaming,


But he's sticking his tongue out,


Like he's blowing raspberries


We watched him for quite a while,
then he flew away.
But not before one final
raspberry.


Quite an interesting day!

I love going into the Bosque,
you never know what you'll see.

2 comments:

turquoisemoon said...

fun pics...
I checked on some goose facts and Feb. & March is mating season. Wonder if that is what had him so riled??? hmmmm?

photowannabe said...

Too funny Kate. I guess that goose is having a hissy fit.
Great pictures.
Tomorrow we're going to San Francisco with son Mark and family. Haven't been for so long. I hope I can get a few good pictures.