Friday, March 12, 2010

Catching Up

.
Wow, it's been ten days since I posted, where does the time go?

No, really, where does the time go?

I say that because today is our 40th anniversary. Is that even possible?

I didn't think so.

So what's been happening here at the Bosque?

Well, I decided that I really don't know what I'm doing with the new camera, so I've been buckling down with the manual and the book Canon EOS 7D for Dummies, which have helped me to understand that I really don't know what I'm doing. I had been trying all sorts of settings, and sometimes they would work and other times not.

So like a penitent student, I erased all the settings I've been trying and have started all over from square one.

Let's see how this works out.

Also this week saw the Socorro Library Book Sale. We love the Socorro Library, really spectacular for such a small town. Every couple of months they have a book sale, and we've always found treasures (not that we need more books mind you). But I have a particular fondness for small press, local history books, and this sale never disappoints.

This time I found an amazing little volume titled Land of Enchantment. This is the story of a woman who traveled the Santa Fe Trail several times during the westward expansion. Her story was dictated to her daughter in law, and I am enthralled. I've read a ton of western history books, but this one is really different. This woman lived this story and her reminiscences are a delight to read. She includes all the tiny details missing from so many similar stories, it's like she is sitting right across from you telling you about her life.

I also picked up several other books about women in the early west, so I feel a serious reading jag approaching.

And hopefully I'll get a bit better about updating the blog.

In the meantime,

2 comments:

Jonna said...

Congratulations you two!! Here's to another 40!

Paula said...

Happy Anniversary, my friends! I hope we'll celebrate with you one of these days.