Monday, April 25, 2011

National Geographic

.
I just can't help myself, prepare yourselves for another iPad related post.

One thing I've missed living in the motorhome is magazines. They're just too much trouble in such a small space. Since there's so much content on the internet, I kept telling myself it wasn't a big deal.

But really, I missed the full stories and the large beautiful pictures.

Then, I took a look at Zinio, an ap for the computer (or iPhone or iPad). It handles full magazine subscriptions for the digitally minded.

Today, I found the digital edition of National Geographic. Wowie Zowie, is this ever what the internet was intended for. Gorgeous full color photos, just like the hard copy, but many of these are interactive, so it's even better. Full articles instead of blurbs, this is just what I've been missing.

A digital subscription to National Geographic is $15 for a full year, twelve issues. I think it's a great deal.

And as you may have noticed, I'm playing with the blog layout again. I get bored with the look, so it may keep changing for a while.

4 comments:

Barb said...

It's fun to plan with the blog layout! :)

I like this layout - I liked the dotted one, too, but had trouble reading the smaller type. This one is easier to read.

Thanks for the tip about Zinio - I'm going to check it out!

Unknown said...

Love it when you get bored. I try to change my blog once a month. I get tired of looking at the same thing all the time. I love my on-line magazines. Some how though I manage to sneak in more mags in the rig (library only .10 each). So you can imagine how happy I am when the RV park has a laundry room - then I can unload them. Aw life is then perfect again.

Evielynne

Donna K said...

Well you are just having too much fun with that iPad. We used to take National Geo but those mags add up. I found it hard to throw any of them away so they just piled up. Sounds like you found a good solution.

Merikay said...

Love the new look.
:00 pm.


Phones were finally fixed at 7:00 pm!

I'll call you tomorrow morning about 9.00