Wednesday, April 25, 2012

A Couple of Memory Shots

.
Not much to write about, 
another day going through the detritus of my life . . .

Our house is a lovely old house, 
in need of a ton of repair, 
but still, full of charm from a time gone by.

This is the window in the front room.
I've spent countless hours looking at this view.
I've fixed this shot so you can see the view, 
but not so much the piles in front of the window.


While I know he's slid into disrepute 
I've always liked Paul Reubens aka Pee-Wee Herman. 
His sense of wonder and whimsy appeals to me. 
Today I found this picture from the 80s.
I love this shot .
I've stuck it in a binder I'm keeping of favorite images.
Before we leave, I'll scan them all.
 

That's it for today, 
sorry it's not more exciting.

2 comments:

Russ Krecklow said...

Hey, nice view out the window. I find that very interesting. Sure wish we could get down there and see it in person. Keep working, you're making good progress! Who knew that you could collect so many wonderful memories over time! Seems like all of a sudden, we have a different perspective on most of them, but they still pull at our heartstrings. It's hard to sort out things that were all brought together with a feeling of love and a keen interest. Knowing that you've got to part with so much certainly doesn't make the feelings any easier to deal with. I love those pictures you share, Kate. You and Terry are well grounded and I know you're making good progress towards your ultimate goal of being free to travel back to NM. Love you guys. Take good care of one another!

Jerry and Suzy said...

Just being alive is exciting. Having fond memories, while not necessarily exciting, can be warming, even if the memories are of PeeWee Herman. We have good memories of Liberace, for heaven's sake, and you know HIS reputation! We liked your window shot.