Monday, April 23, 2012

Lemonade- a Small Rant

.
The other day, I was reading a blog called the Bitchy Waiter.  A talented writer, I find his blog highly entertaining.

He often lists the various things that annoy waiters and waitresses, one of them being people who don't order drinks, then proceed to make their own lemonade.

This struck home, because that's exactly what I do!

But it's not because I'm cheap (Which I prefer to think of as frugal . . .)

Now, I do hate to pay $2 to $3 for a glass of iced tea, but when the mood strikes me, I'll do it; however, usually, what I really want is some lightly sweetened water with a hint of lemon.  And believe me, the "lemonade" I make bears no resemblance to the overly sweet, overly sour chemical tasting goop that usually passes as lemonade in most restaurants.

That said, I'm a pretty generous tipper when my service is fair and a great tipper when the service calls for it.

Rant over.
 

5 comments:

Jerry and Suzy said...

Suzy and I always order our restaurant water with lemon. I use a little, but she will use maybe six slices if she can get them, but she never adds sweetener. The citrus helps with a dry mouth condition she often has. And yes, we are also usually quite generous with our tipping, unless the service is slow or nonexistent. If the bitchy waiter doesn't like it, he can lump it.

Gaelyn said...

When waiting tables it's all about service, not whether I make my own lemonade, and I will tip well accordingly. Tell the bitchy waiter to get over it.

Jim and Sandie said...

I think I really need to teach you how to rant - this post definitely was not a rant. I only drink water so it's their problem not mine. But we also tip really well for good service.

Donna K said...

HA- that was a rant...come on Kate, you can do better than that!! Seriously, if you broke out a packet of Crystal Lite they might have something to complain about. As for tipping - I could rant about THAT!! Tips are supposed to be for good service yet it seems it has just become an automatic add on regardless of the quality of the service. I am guilty too, I always tip 'something' but I resent it when I have had lousy service and think we need to stop doing it.

The Bitchy Waiter said...

Where and what should I be lumping? :)