Thursday, July 9, 2009

A Day Trip

.

We took a short day trip today into Espanola for a few supplies. As a sort of photographic exercise, I took pictures from the car. Shooting out the window of a car speeding along at 60 mph doesn't always get you the best results, but they are interesting . . .

The skies and vistas,
aren't they mesmerizing?

This pass
is right before the entrance
to Ghost Ranch

I took my eyes off the road
for just a moment
and got this shot

When we got home,
the skies were darkening,
so I headed up the mountain
to get this shot of the virga
above Pedernal.


I know I say it over and over,
but I can hardly believe
the effect
this landscape
exerts over me.

I seem to live
in a constant state
of awe and wonder.

And I like it that way.



4 comments:

Jonna said...

That last shot is spectacular. It is how I think of New Mexico with long vistas and rain sweeping across.

Anonymous said...

I can see these, printed oversize, mounted, framed and in a museum someplace. You do good pix.
Anne Johnson
Lovely La Verne, CA

LauraP said...

Awesome clouds . . . is there anything more fascinating than the ever-changing sky?

photowannabe said...

I agree with Anne, these are definitely gallery quality shots. Seems like
New Mexico is better therapy than any psycharist's couch... (:0)