Saturday, November 1, 2008

2008 Balloon Fiesta Part 2

I've had several requests that I post the rest of my pictures for the 2008 Balloon Fiesta, so here you go!

There wont be a lot of text here, this will be more of a photo album. You have been warned, there are LOTS of pictures here. As always, they look much better at a larger resolution, so remember to click on any photo for a better view.

This eagle is always a big hit.
I wish I had gotten a full figure photo of him,
but this was my best shot.

I liked this shot, it reminded me of an ice cream cone.
Or that tiny last little spaceship in
Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

I'm not sure if this balloon is from Roswell or not,
but it sure seems like it should be.

This shot just appealed to me.
The tulips on this balloon always look
so cheerful against the sky.
Just a big old pig balloon, I love his smirky smile.

This lady bug was a new entry this year.
I like the colors,
but I'm not real crazy about the dangly legs.

My very favorite balloon of all,
this is Airabelle, the Creamland Dairy cow.
She always makes me smile.

A balloon of the globe.
I really like it when the balloons fly these flags,
it makes them look so retro!

I just liked the look of these five balloons.

This one reminds me of an old European balloon.

The next two shots are of the Darth Vader balloon.
He's always a big hit.
When you see him on the field,
it's amazing how huge he is.

When he flies overhead,
the sound of the propane in the balloon sounds
just like his breath on the soundtrack of the film.
Pretty eerie.

One of several shots of lots of balloons.
I like to include these to remind me
of just how many there were.

Noah's Ark.

This balloon is actually an octopus,
but I could never get a good shot of the face.
I do like all the sea creatures clinging to his back.

Another balloon with a real vintage feel.
This one has flown every year we've been at the Fiesta.

This balloon reminded me of California.

Another new lady bug balloon, I like this one a lot better than the other one.

I really wanted to include this shot of the frog flying over all the Lazy Daze.

A close up of the frog.

Another shot I liked a lot.
The little (big) green guy looks kind of scared,
don't you think?

An unhappy clown.

Another shot of LOTS of balloons.

I think this guy looks like the Mucinex bug.

I took this out the back window of our motorhome.
Many mornings we'd just stay in bed
and watch them rise out over the field.
I love the big windows in our Lazy Daze.

Here's a shot I took at the Special Shapes Glodeo.
On this night, they leave the balloons tethered,
but light them all up so you can see them close up.
It's one of the most popular events at the Balloon Fiesta.

A final shot of the Glodeo.

We had a great time, as always.


1 comment:

photowannabe said...

Awesome balloons and many thanks for sharing the rest of the series.