Saturday, May 5, 2012

We're Off to Shoot the Moon


I've been playing with the cameras all day, trying to decide how to shoot the moon tonight.

In case you don't know, the moon will be really close to the earth this evening, and we decided we should try to get a few pictures.

After playing with the tripods, and both the Canon 7D and the Canon SX40, I've decided I'm packing my tripod and my SX40.  I hope it's the correct choice, but I don't want to get out there and spend all my time trying to decide which camera to use.

I'm just not experienced enough, so I'm going with the easy.

I contemplated not even posting this, because I'm kind of setting myself up if I don't get any good shots, but what the hell.

Wish me luck. 


4 comments:

Russ Krecklow said...

Go out in the dark, and shoot the moon. You can do it. It will be fun. Don't trip over anything.

The Good Luck Duck said...

We're all watching you now.

Donna K said...

Indeed!!

Gaelyn said...

Shooting the moon tonight was a total experiment with the new camera and borrowed tripod. I tried several settings, in RAW and jpg, some with the timer taking 4 shots in a row. Now I have to edit some. Did learn a couple things about the camera. And the moon was superb.