Sunday, October 30, 2011

The Dregs of LA

.
Well, the last of my pictures
(at least from the Los Angeles trip).

All of these were taken with the iPhone,
and feature a variety of subjects.

This is Tiger, I took this using Camera Fun.
It's a free app the lets you see results
live before you shoot.
This effect is called Canvas.


I wish I could remember what app I used for this.
Probably Instagram, but I can't say for sure
We were driving down the freeway
and I liked the look of the sky.


Just a plain shot,
taken as we were driving
(not me, but the car was moving)


This was taken at the Samuel Goldwyn Theater
after the Mary Blair event.
Probably as close as I'll get to the Oscars!


This was taken during our
visit to the first Apple Store in
the Glendale Galleria.


On the Jungle Boat Cruise in Disneyland.


Inside the Haunted Mansion,
shot from a moving car in the dark.
I was pretty pleased with the results,
since I'd never use my real camera in a dark ride.


This is the tree that was the model
for the Swiss Family Robinson Tree House.
Isn't it a beauty?


I was pretty happy with this shot.
Taken in Downtown Disney
at night, hand held,
I did just a bit of manipulation.


Once again, I have to say I'm really impressed with the camera in the iPhone 4s (are you sick of hearing this yet?). While I don't think I'll be giving up my Canon yet, it's just so darned handy to have the phone. And with the new operating system for iPhones (ios5), now even when the phone is off, it's a quick one second access to the camera, making it my go to choice when an quick photo op arises.

6 comments:

Russ Krecklow said...

Really cool pics Kate. They say the best camera to have is the one you have with you when "the shot" is there!

Donna K said...

I'm impressed! I'm glad you're having a good time with the phone. I sure enjoy having a "baby" camera to tote around everywhere.

Sue Malone said...

What a fun trip, Kate. You and Disneyland are such a pair.

momi yaya said...

Love the canvas effect. Must get that app.

Jonna said...

How about Siri? Are you having fun with that? I was playing with a 4S yesterday and some of the funny questions - and answers - with Siri. I have the iphone 4 and it is too soon for me to want an upgrade but it is very tempting.

Barb said...

I LOVE the shot with the cat on canvas. I'd love to have that app, but I have an Android.