Wednesday, October 26, 2011

A Photo Tour of the Park

.
I've been to Disneyland hundreds of times. Parts of it still hold magic for me, others, not so much.

That said, it is one of my very favorite places to take pictures. There's a never ending supply of people, emotions, backdrops and wondrous creations.

It's just about the perfect spot for photography.

This is a series of memory shots,
lots of big pictures,
so bear with me as we spend
a day in the park.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Practically Perfect in every way . . .


An original costume sketch
of Bert's Jolly Holiday attire
(from Club 33)


This gent was so helpful.
He's a 30 year veteran of Club 33.


This sits in Club 33.
It's been played by the likes of
Paul McCartney and Elton John.


An authentic French ladies commode.
Fortunately it now sits
over indoor plumbing
instead of a chamber pot.


The balcony of Club 33,
above New Orleans Square.


One of my favorite views in Disneyland.


Just a shot I liked.


Again, a view I appreciate.
I think it's the shapes.


Ditto.


Not a great shot,
but the three dimensional quality
of the light appeals to me.


The Castle.
I always take too many pictures
of the Castle.


Like I say,
too many.


It's also good to look down sometimes.


The Mark Twain.


The Haunted Mansion.
All duded up for Halloween.


As were these folks,
portraying the typical 1950s
Disneyland Family.


Tomorrowland at Dusk.


Finally,
I was so tired,
all I could do was hang out
in the lobby of the Grand Californian.


Where I couldn't even hold my camera still.


All in all, a fine day at Disneyland.

8 comments:

Merikay said...

The first time I saw the Castle at Disney World tears came to my eyes. I was in my 20's, but I had dreamed of it as a child. Somewhere only the rich kids got to go. Of course we lived in Wisconsin, and a trip like that would have been impossible with five kids.

Donna K said...

Oh the memories. I so enjoyed your photo tour of Disneyland. I hope you went on some of the rides and had a jolly time. Did you visit California adventure also?

Barb said...

When I was a teenager the California park opened and we went every year for a while for our vacation. We had always camped up until then, and it was so fun. I always got a new pair of shorts for the trip. I'll never forget how magical it was. And not quite as crowded.

momi yaya said...

Really enjoyed your photos.

Jerry and Suzy said...

It has been SOOOO LOOONG since we've been there, and now neither of us would be able to do all the walking necessary to see the place. We appreciate your giving us this tour. And yes, your pictures did a good job, just as you did taking them!

Jim and Sandie said...

I loved the different shots of Disneyland. Not the typical tourist type pictures (like I would take)and it made it so interesting. Thanks.

photowannabe said...

Happy to see you had a good time at DL.
I agree that its a photographer's paradise.

Chuck and Anneke's RV travels said...

Great photos, really enjoyed the first one!