Sunday, June 17, 2012

the BEST Sandwich

We're working on being more mindful of what we eat.

Mindful Eating, isn't that a lovely phrase?

For some time now, we've been using FlatOut FlatBread.  
We like the taste, it's low in carbs and high in fiber.  
And it tastes good!


I'm also a fan of Laughing Cow Cheese.  
The other day, we were in Costco 
and they were sampling a new product, 
a soft, spreadable swiss cheese.


So I took two pieces of the cheese 
and one piece of Flatbread,


slathered the cheese all over the bread.
It spreads just like softened cream cheese
but gives a slight cheesy flavor to the sandwich.


Next I mixed four ounces of left over chicken with
two tablespoons of
Paul Newman's Low Fat Sesame Ginger Salad Dressing.


You have tried 
Paul Newman's Low Fat Sesame Ginger Salad Dressing, 
haven't you?  
It's one of the best dressings I've ever tasted.
Perfect on salad, chicken, beef or vegetables. 
Whatever you use it on, guaranteed,
it will up the flavor quotient of your dish.


Next I chopped up a bit of red bell pepper,


then added some lettuce, salt and pepper 
and rolled her up.
Does this look good or what?


As good as this tasted, 
the best news is the nutritional count.  

It comes in at 315 calories, 
a mere 10.5 grams of fat.
and
26 grams of carb
(minus 10 grams of fiber for a net total of 16 carbs).


Not bad for such a tasty treat!

5 comments:

Merikay said...

Looks good. I keep looking at tortilla packages, but then put them back because each tortilla is at least 100 - 150 calories. Tat flat bread looks good, and would make great rollemups for a backpack picnic while hiking.

Where did you buy them?

Jim and Sandie said...

We have been using your flat bread ever since you talked about them before. Love them. Haven't tried that dressing yet but it's on my list to buy today. That roll up looks wonderful (well except for the cheese part). Definitely have to try that one.

Big Matt said...

That looks like a very tasty "wrap", still waiting for ya to make the sandwich :p.

Merikay said...

It doesn't see, like a lot of cheese, but since I too am avoiding Dairy I might use mashed avacodo instead of the cheese. Avocado may have a few more calories, but it also has "good fats". and fiber.

As far as I can see cheese has no redeming factors except taste! I do love it though and if I wasn't still trying to shave off a few more pounds I would use it.

Donna K said...

Oh my goodness that looks delish! Haven't tried the dressing but Sesame Ginger has GOT to be good. I need to look for that flatbread.