Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Goodbye Ray

I am so sad.

Just last week 
I wrote about how pleased I was 
to discover the Ray Bradbury Theater.

Encompassing both old memories and new joys, 
it was like getting to meet an old friend all over again.

And now my old friend has passed away.

I know that instead of being sad, 
I should feel happy 
to have experienced the gift of his wit, 
his imagination
and his genius. 

And in time I'm sure that is just how I'll feel,

But tonight I am just sad.


Ray Bradbury
August 22, 1920-June 5, 2012




3 comments:

Donna K said...

I read that today. RIP Ray Bradbury.

Jim and Sandie said...

The world has lost an amazing man and writer.

Merikay said...

I think Bradbury was the first SF writer I read. I remember Craig gave me Something Wicked This Way Comes to read when we were dating.